- Top 100 returnees: F Kale Harrison (35th), F Matthew Buckley (68th), G Jesse MacDonald (96th)
- Other key returnees: PG Travis Berry, C Andrew Pennycook, F Conor Meschino, F Evan Schantz
- Newcomers: G Osman Omar, G-F Kyle Enright
- Coach: Peter Campbell
- Offence and defence: 97, 96 (+1)
- Last year's results: 11-20 overall, 29th in RPI
- Looking ahead: Laurier is ranked No. 10 in the coaches' poll, its first national ranking in 10 seasons. The optimistic outlooks derive from a wealth of experience (91% of last season's scoring returns) and Harrison's potential to come into his own as one of the OUA's best (not just in the west). Berry will give the Hawks a steadier handle at the 1-spot, since he now has a full season under his belt. Throw in Pennycook, MacDonald, Buckley and Meschino and WLU has some a pretty good core.
Campbell prefers to play an up-tempo style. It should be noted, if only as a footnote, that rookie point guard Osmar Omar's quickness makes him a pretty intriguing prospect. The adoption of the FIBA rules (24-second clock) means it's not a problem to have two steady point guards.