It is estimated two million Canadians either have kidney disease or are at risk. Every day an average of 14 Canadians learn that their kidneys have failed.
The paintings are being auctioned on eBay. All of the money raised will be used by The Kidney Foundation of Canada for national research and programs.
CIS folk who painted include:
- St. FX football coach Gary Waterman
- Guelph coach Kyle Walters (a former Hamilton Tiger-Cats player)
- UNB hockey forward Daine Todd
- Hockey Night in Canada analyst Cassie Campbell (a Guelph alumna)
- Edmonton running back Jesse Lumsden (McMaster)
- Winnipeg defensive tackle Doug Brown (Simon Fraser)
- Winnipeg defensive back Ian Logan (Laurier)
- Calgary receiver Arjei Franklin (Windsor)
- Saskatchewan receiver Chris Getzlaf (Regina)
- Hamilton linebacker Yannick Carter (Laurier)