- Laval had the most first-team selections (5), followed by Queen's (4), Calgary (3), Montréal (2) and St. Francis Xavier (2).
- Two national award finalists, Saskatchewan fifth-year linebacker Taylor Wallace (who was up for the Presidents') and Saint Mary's rush end DeVon Hicks (a Metras nominee), were left off.
- The western Huskies, who went 8-2 overall, had just one second-team pick, cornerback Grant Shaw. Similarly, Saint Mary's (8-2 overall) had no first-team picks.
- It is nice to see the country's two most versatile players, Saskatchewan cornerback-kicker Shaw and Queen's cornerback-kick returner Jimmy Allin, each earn recognition. It would be even better if CIS had an award to recognize players who contribute so extensively in two of the game's three phases.
- Bishop's is the only playoff team which did not have a player honoured.
Quarterback — Erik Glavic, Calgary (Michael Faulds, Western)DEFENCE
Running backs — Pascal Fils, Sherbrooke and Matt Walter, Calgary (Nathan Riva, Western and Nick FitzGibbon, Guelph)
Wideouts — Nathan Coehoorn, Calgary and Akeem Foster, St. Francis Xavier (Cyril Adjeitey, Ottawa and Julian Feoli-Gudiño, Laval)
Inside receivers — Gary Ross, Mount Allison, and Scott Valberg, Queen's (Anthony Parker, Calgary and Cory Watson, Concordia)
Centre — Matt Morencie, Windsor (Derek Weber, Saint Mary’s)
Guards — Pascal Baillargeon, Laval and Justin Glover, McMaster (Terriss Paliwoda, Alberta and Matt Norman, Western)
Tackles — David Bouchard, Laval and Matt O'Donnell, Queen's (Kirby Fabien, Calgary and Kristian Matte, Concordia)
Tackles — Jean-Philippe Gilbert, Laval and Gregory Alexandre, Montréal (Sébastien Tétreault, Ottawa and Eddie Steele, Manitoba)SPECIALISTS
Ends — Mathieu Brossard, Montréal and Osie Ukwuoma, Queen’s (Craig Gerbrandt, Alberta and David Skillen, St. Francis Xavier)
Linebackers — Cory Greenwood, Concordia; John Surla, Western and Henoc Muamba, St. Francis Xavier (Andrea Bonaventura, Calgary; Tom Lynch, St. Francis Xavier; Giancarlo Rapanaro, Laurier)
Safety — Anthony Deslauriers, Simon Fraser (Courtney Stephen, Laurier)
Defensive halfs — Maxime Bérubé, Laval and James Savoie, Guelph (Mike Miller, Acadia and Mark Holden, Saint Mary's)
Cornerbacks — Olivier Turcotte-Létourneau, Laval and Jimmy Allin, Queen's (Grant Shaw, Saskatchewan and Dylan Hollohan, St. FX)
Kicker — Perri Scarcelli, Regina (Justin Palardy, Saint Mary's)
Punter — Hugh O'Neill, Alberta (Christopher Milo, Laval)
Return specialist — Dillon Heap, Laurier (Gary Ross, Mount Allison)