- Laval QB Benoit Groulx worked the kinks out of his shoulder while throwing for 236 yards vs. Bishop's on Saturday. (Le Journal de Quebec)
- The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are 3-7. The Manitoba Bisons are 0-2 and have a quarterback dilemma. And the plans for a new stadium for both football stadium have hit a snag. (Sun Media)
- The Regina player who died in a car crash on the weekend, Spencer Borlase, was the second person from his high school to die tragically in the past few months. That is tough. (Regina Leader-Post)
- Queen's backup QB Tom Howes looked fine in his relief appearance on Saturday. Coach Pat Sheahan also gave the entire Golden Gaels defence the game ball after preserving the 8-7 win. In baseball terms, they pitched out of a bases-loaded, none-out jam. (Kingston Whig-Standard)
- OUA power rankings (Ottawa over Queen's, discuss) and some notes on the McMaster-Queen's match. (Always OUA)
- A college team in the U.S. lost 92-0 on Saturday. They can't even use Charlie Weis' coaching as an excuse. (Fanhouse)
- Western has two more newcomers, 6-foot-2 guard Marcus Barnett who last played at NCAA Division 1 William & Mary two seasons ago and 6-5 forward David Harder, who previously played at Cañada College, a junior college in California.
Someone should sit near the Mustangs bench just to yell at coach Brad Campbell, "Play Harder!" (Sorry.) (cishoops.ca)
- One of Toronto Star basketball writer Doug Smith's readers suggested a list of top 10 Canadian contributors to basketball: Victoria Vikes coaching legends Kathy and Ken Shields, along with a currently active coach, Carleton's Dave Smart, are on the list.
Of course, Raptors coach Jay Triano played at SFU before it was a CIS member. (Raptors Blog by Doug Smith)
- Is it possible for conferences to have a policy with accommodating bloggers? The boys from Allez Les Bleus say they were turned down for credentials to a game
A humble suggestion: If space in the press box is tight, a school could always comp the bloggers with free passes. No one is looking to get rich doing this as a hobby, but anything which can keep expenses down certainly helps.