- Montréal Alouettes special-teamer Joel Wright (Laurier) feels like a "bonehead" after suffering a season-ending knee injury while jumping to celebrate a tackle on a kickoff.
You could say that Wright "Valenzisied" himself if it wasn't an über-obscure reference. Ten points to any commenter who gets the origin. (Montreal Gazette)
- Simon Fraser running back Brandon Halverson is a force, even if he is only 5-foot-6. (Little Man on Campus)
- Regina QB Marc Mueller does a Q&A about his grandfather, the late, great Ron Lancaster. (Regina Leader-Post)
- The Regina Rams will wear a No. 61 decal on their helmets for the rest of the season to honour the memory of Spencer Borlase. (Campus Chatter)
- Guelph expects veteran guard Chris Gervais to return to the lineup for tonight's game vs. U of T. (Guelph Mercury)
- One last Bol Kong link, because Howard Tsumura's piece on the newest Canadian to join the Gonzaga Bulldogs is a should-read. (Little Man on Campus)
- More on former Alberta Golden Bear Cory Cross, who had a 14-year pro career (including a stint with the Toronto Maple Leafs the year they swept the Senators in the first round of the playoffs), joining Mark Howell's Calgary Dinos coaching staff. (Sun Media)