- Top 100 returnees: None
- Other key returnees: G Cyril Indome, G Ryan McKinnon, F Mike Berg (sat out last season to play rugby), F Wendell Thomas
- Newcomers: PG Zac Andrus, G Dan Evans, G Omid Pourmomen, F Nick Adair
- Coach: Craig Beaucamp (7th season)
- Offence and defence: 98, 87 (+11)
- Last year's results: 20-9 overall, 7th in RPI
- Looking ahead: The Vikes have consistently had a top 10 RPI across the past couple seasons, but are replacing a troika of Top 100 players in Mitch Gudgeon (36th), Tyler Hass (54th) and Brandon Dunlop (77th), plus their division includes a traditional power, UBC, and ascendant Trinity Western.
UVic has led Canada West in scoring defence five years running, which attests to Beaucamp's (who has been described as "obsessive") attention to detail. That will help tide them over until they find a go-to scorer. Indome averaged 9.7 points off the bench last season and McKinnon can stretch defences, so they might be able to carry the Vikes in the early going. There could be some surprises, but the Pac-D's three guaranteed playoff berths are likely coming from UBC, UVic and Trinity Western.