- First up was UNB, who defeated the UMass Minutemen 3-2. The Varsity Reds were up 3-0 after the first period, thanks to two goals from veteran John Scott Dickson. UMass outshot UNB 16-7 in the middle period, help by three power plays. UMASS scored two in the third period, but that was as close as they could get. Final shots were 31-28 for UMass.
- Events didn't go as well for Acadia on the big ice at the Whittemore Centre. New Hampshire scored on their first three power plays and ended up cruising to a 8-1 final. I watched the webcast of this one, and Acadia just couldn't skate with UNH.
- St. FX's new goaltender, Joey Perricone, got all the attention on the live blog as the X-Men stole a 2-2 overtime tie with Boston College. BC outshot X 53-16 on the night, but it was a late power play goal by St. FX rookie Ryan Sparling that forced the OT.
- UPEI and RPI also played to an overtime tie. UPEI was up 3-1 in the third, but it looks like their penalties allowed RPI back into the game. After OT they went to a shootout, which RPI won 2-1, but apparently in the NCAA that still gets scored as a 3-3 tie.
- There was an explosion of goals in the St. Thomas-Northeastern match, which the Huskies won 7-5. STU coach's son Matt Eagles scored in the first five minutes, but NU was up 3-1 after 20 minutes. STU battled back in the second period, and the teams were tied 5-5. However, NU scored twice more in the third. Shots favoured NU 46-16, who went 0 for 8 on the power play, which is a positive for the STU PK.
Hockey: Saturday's AUS vs. NCAA games
Saturday night was Hockey Night in New England for the AUS.