- Martin Raymond has become the fifth McGill grad coaching in pro hockey after taking a job as an assistant coach with the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, where he'll work with one-time teammate Guy Boucher. You might see them yet at the Bell Centre. (Montreal Gazette, Hamilton Spectator)
- Alberta Golden Bears O-linemen Simeon Rottier and Gordon Hinse have made some good headway five games into their respective CFL rookie seasons. (Edmonton Journal)
- Mark Wacyk looks at Waterloo's recruiting class. (cishoops.ca)
- Recruiting guru Barry Hayes has put together a near complete list of incoming players which is much better than the piecemeal approach taken on this site. The names might mean more to you than to a casual overseer.
A few jump out, like seeing former Acadia (and Memorial) inside force Leo Saintil committed to McGill. London, Ont., native Adam Jespersen, who was at NCAA D-1 Hawai'i last season, is listed at Carleton.
Get this: Laurentian's recruits include Canadian basketball legend and Sudbury native Eli Pasquale's sons, Isiah and Manny, who as you might have guess based on their parquet pedigree, are both guards. The elder Pasquale was in his hometown for an alumni game last Saturday. (Canadian Hoops Talk)
- AlbertaHoops has recruiting info for all players with an Alberta tie (i.e., from there and/or going there). A few women's players are headed to Ontario, like Alex Naylor, a forward going to Ottawa and Paige Robinson, a guard going to Queen's.
- The Toronto Raptors will play a pre-season game Oct. 6 in London vs. the Philadelphia 76ers and will hold training camp at Carleton University, the latter was known already. (Doug Smith)
- Off-topic, but a true hoophead will appreciate Rethinking Basketball, which is WNBA site written by a dude.