- Week 1: Simon Fraser at UBC. The two B.C. schools get the honour of starting before the rest of the country, on the Aug. 28-29 weekend.
- Week 2: Calgary at Saskatchewan. Blake Nill's team, likely with a new quarterback, Erik Glavic, get a tough matchup right out of the gate.
- Week 3: Regina at Saskatchewan. Who knows what the Rams will be like without graduated QB Teale Orban, but their games vs. the green dogs are often good.
- Week 4: Alberta at Simon Fraser. A good test for the Golden Bears, going on the road vs. a team that plays good defence.
- Week 5: Simon Fraser at Calgary. Coach Dave Johnson's Clan visit McMahon Stadium for the first time since the Hardy Cup game.
UBC is also home to Regina this weekend. Remember what happened to the T-Birds the last time the Rams visited?
- Week 6: Saskatchewan at Simon Fraser. Remember what happened to the Huskies when they made this trip last year. They lost 27-17 after being up by 15 points at halftime.
- Week 7: Manitoba at Calgary. The only scheduled matchup of the past two Canada West champions. It's kind of a bummer it was put on Thanksgiving weekend.
- Week 8: UBC at Simon Fraser. Presumably, this will be the Shrum Bowl game.
- Week 9: Regina at Calgary. The Rams didn't get in the end zone the last time they went into McMahon Stadium.
- Week 10: Saskatchewan at Regina and Calgary at Alberta. Two rivalry games to cap off the regular season, on Halloween weekend.
Football: Can West sked; Dinos have tough opener
The Canada West football schedule was released this afternoon. A few quick highlights, week by week: