- Laval — You know them. The schedulers did us all a favour with Mac-Guelph on Saturday afternoon but Laval-Montreal on Sunday instead.
- Western — 2nd, 2nd, 2nd. You know them, too.
- Queen's — 3rd, 3rd, 3rd. The CIS Blog cabal (there is no cabal) will brook no dissent among its UFRC voters.
- Montreal — 4th, 4th, 5th. Case in point. This is obviously unacceptable. Pure Western bias from Bucholtz, who after all shares a first name with the Calgary QB. (What else do they share? We don't know. He won't say.)
- Calgary — 5th, 6th, 4th. Really, though, it's impossible to know where the Dinos stand vs. eastern teams this year. They are the best in their conference, but one does not need a vote to divine this.
- Guelph — 6th, 5th, 6th. Already have two wins by more than a touchdown in three games, after just 3 of 10 last year.
- Saskatchewan — 7th, 7th, 7th. We're out of the top six and have yet to see one of us go more than one spot off the voters' consensus. This often happens in these sorts of votes — the reason being, honestly, that nobody really knows what's going on.
- Manitoba — 10th, 10th, 8th. It's not quite right to call their game at Calgary this weekend a must-win. Even if they win it, they'd have to match the Dinos W for W the rest of the way to avoid going back there in the playoffs. They have to beat Calgary in November, not September.
- McMaster — 8th, 8th, unranked. Fun fact, by which I mean not all that fun and barely a fact: Mac's SRS after four games is +10.7, Guelph's +10.9. That doesn't mean UG homecoming will necessarily be that close but it would definitely make up for the nationally-televised pounding Mac absorbed from the powerful purple ponies at the juiced Joyce joint. (Sorry, I slipped into my Frid St. accent for a bit there.)
- Bishop's — unranked, unranked, 10th. Bucholtz ... buch ... book ... brook ... Sherbrooke. You can't make this stuff up. Andrew probably donated to pro-municipal amalgamation causes, too.
Football: Top 10 ballots for Sept. 17
This week's ballots from our staff (in order after the official listing: Neate Sager, myself, Andrew Bucholtz):