I'm happy to report that this is not true: the Quebec schedule is only eight games this year.
...okay, yes, that's still right.
Here are our ballots (in order after the official listing: Neate Sager, myself, Kevin Garbuio, Jared Book). Your official Top 10 is here.
- Laval — Pass.
- Queen’s — 2nd by all of us except Jared who had them 3rd. I knew I had them too low before they beat McMaster, and while they looked good in that game, they also kind of had no business winning it and I didn't move Mac down a lot as a result (nor did I move Queen's up because of it).
- Montreal — 4th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd. Got some credit for beating up on Concordia. I kept them at 5 under the assumption that they should be doing that to Concordia.
- Western — 5th, 6th, 5th, 5th. Other times I would suggest that the Western-friendly (or Western-alumni) contingent of voters had their hand in this, with the Mustangs very close to being in third, but this is a good team. Can we please ensure their game on Saturday doesn't take 3 and a half hours? No? Fine.
- Calgary — 6th, 4th, 4th, 4th. Closer than they probably would have liked against UBC. We're fairly sure they're the best in the West but not really up to national standards.
- McMaster — 3rd, 3rd, 7th, unranked. Jared forgot Mac on his ballot this week and reports he is suitably embarrassed by that. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the top 10 list anyway. The only way this No. 6 ranking will look silly at the end is if they win the OUA, or come close in the Yates Cup and the OUA champ is competitive or better in the bowl games.
- Guelph — 8th, 7th, 6th, unranked. Kevin put Guelph above Mac, warning us not to sleep on the Gryphs.
- Saskatchewan — 7th, 9th, 8th, 9th. Back to a near-consensus opinion. The Huskies moved up a spot from last week in the overall rankings, though I dropped them four spots mostly because they got shuffled down, not because of anything they did themselves.
- Manitoba — 10th, 8th, 10th, 6th. Scoring 65 is impressive. Allowing 41 (to Alberta) is not.
- Bishop's — 9th, unranked, unranked, 8th. Wouldn't be on here if Sherbrooke got another two points. Ah, the instability of the 10 spot.