- Brian Cheng, recently the CIS coach of the year, has left UVic after 15 years (10 as head coach) for "personal reasons." Stunning and shocking, according to Howard Tsumura. (Victoria Times-Colonist, via Little Man on Campus)
- The open men's basketball coaching position at Queen's is apparently down to interim Duncan Cowan and three other candidates. According to Mark Wacyk's sources, they are "a CIS assistant with just 2 seasons of experience, a CIS women's coach and a Western Canada-based CIS assistant with a solid background." Our Neate Sager has a source who says the second name in that list is current UWO coach Steph Barrie. (CISHoops.ca)
- Chris Cochrane gives the AHL Mooseheads directions to their next coach, current SMU coach Trevor Stienburg, who he says is "a renowned motivator who makes players want to win" and someone who "understands the Halifax hockey market in a way imported coaches wouldn’t until they’ve been here for several years." (The Chronicle-Herald)
- Some further AUS/QMHJL speculation. It seems to fall under the "nothing to see here" category. (Cape Breton Post)
- Lisa Jordan went from coaching SMU to Ryerson, and now Lesley Jordan is going from Dalhousie (which was a surprise to her and to others) to ... Saint Mary's? To Ryerson to join her sister? (The Chronicle-Herald)
Some catch-all coaching news
We won't catch everything, but here are some of the things that have gone down lately in the CIS coaching world ...