With the CIS season starting soon, many schools have posted their rosters, and for anyone who saw those CCAA posts, there are some familiar names. Let's run through everyone who was identified and see where they're playing this year:
- Andria Carlyon: Transferred to Alberta. Not a surprise she's in CIS this year. Looks like she's been starting for the Pandas too, at least in preseason.
- Rachel Caputo: Staying with SAIT. One of just two players left over from 2010-11.
- Melanie Hogue: Not playing this year. She is taking some time off, according to Holland College's Jeff Walker.
- Bayan Kurd: Staying with MacEwan.
- Kristen Monasterski: Staying with MacEwan.
- Francis Rowe: Staying with UNBC, though of course they will all be in CIS next year.
- Andy Kaila: Transferred to UVic.
- Aneetan Braich: Not playing this year. Douglas College coach Denis Beausoleil passes along word that Braich is taking a year off school.
- Blake Mansbridge: Staying with Camosun (pdf).
- Micah Cockrill: Transferred to TWU but is red-shirting this year.
- Bol Kong: Transferred to St. F-X. Three years after we thought he might.
- Dominyc Coward: Transferred to Lethbridge. We knew this already, which is why I didn't give Coward and the next two players, also going from one Lethbridge to another, much ink in the original post.
- Morgan Duce: Transferred to Lethbridge.
- Logan Reiter: Transferred to Lethbridge.
So that's 14 players, half of which have (or will) make the jump. Not a bad percentage. It remains to be seen how well they'll do, of course.
Once again I'd like to point out that this is by definition an incomplete list because the Ontario college league doesn't provide sensible statistics publicly. There are probably quite a few transfers from any OCAA school that would have been identified as standouts back in the summer, were it possible.